On Sunday, December 11 at Nagpur Railway Station, Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off India’s sixth Vande Bharat Express train between Nagpur, Maharashtra, and Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh in the presence of Maharashtra’s Chief Minister Eknath Shinde, Deputy CM Devendra Fadnavis, & Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Nitin Gadkari.
According to the reports, The Southeast Central Railways will operate the Nagpur-Bilaspur Vande Bharat Express train (SECR). After the Mumbai-Ahmedabad Vande Bharat express, this is the second Vande Bharat express in the state of Maharashtra.
Given that it takes about 7 hours to travel between Nagpur and Bilaspur on superfast trains, the introduction of this newest Vande Bharat Express train on this route will be a huge relief for passengers. With a top speed limit of 130 km/h, the Nagpur-Bilaspur Vande Bharat can travel the 412 km distance in around five and a half hours.
The Bilaspur-Nagpur Vande Bharat Express, according to Indian Railways, has upgraded facilities like reclining seats, CCTV cameras, automated fire sensors, Wi-Fi, 3-hour battery backup, & GPS systems.
The year 2019 saw the debut of India’s first semi-high-speed train, the Vande Bharat Express. By August 15th, 2023, 75 Vande Bharat express trains are planned to run across the nation.
Nagpur-Bilaspur Vande Bharat Express train Stations and Stoppages:
The newly launched Nagpur-Bilaspur Vande Bharat Express Train will have 3 stops in Gondia, Durg, and Raipur in between Nagpur and Bilaspur.
Ticket Price of Nagpur-Bilaspur Vande Bharat Express train:
The ticket price for an AC chair for the Vande Bharat express train on Nagpur to Bilaspur route is INR 1,075/- and the ticket price for the executive class is INR 2,045/- which has optional meals.
Nagpur-Bilaspur Vande Bharat Express Train Timings:
The 6th Vande Bharat Express train which runs between Nagpur & Bilaspur will be operational 6 days a week (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday) except Saturday.
The train will leave Nagpur at around 14:00 hours and arrive in Bilaspur at 19:35 hours. And while returning it will depart from Bilaspur at 06:45 hours to reach Nagpur by 12:15 hours.
Below are the 5 Vande Bharat Express trains which are already running in India including the newly launched Nagpur-Bilaspur Vande Bharat Express train:
- New Delhi to Varanasi
- New Delhi to Shri Vaishno Devi Mata Katra
- Gandhinagar to Mumbai
- New Delhi to Amb Andaura
- Chennai to Mysuru
Features of Nagpur-Bilaspur Vande Bharat Express train:
- The Vande Bharat Express train’s innovative braking system enables higher acceleration and deceleration.
- Automatic doors, a GPS-based audio-visual passenger information system, onboard hotspot Wi-Fi for entertainment, and comfortable seats are features found on all coaches.
- Additionally, the executive class has full recliner seats which rotate 360 degrees with Charging points and many more attractive facilities like Newspapers, a Touch light, a blind curtain, ample luggage space, a first aid kit, and an emergency talk-back unit.
- The Vande Bharat Express train is equipped with totally sealed corridors and censored connecting doors for a dust-free atmosphere.